VISITATION GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Visit our website, http://www.garveymanor.org/and click on Visits in the top right section.
- Select Garvey Manor or Our Lady of the Alleghenies Residence. You will be directed to the “Time to Sign Up” website which will show available dates and times.
- For OLAR visits, select the floor that includes the room number of the resident you wish to visit.
- Select your desired date and time slot, click on the gray box that appears, and complete the registration information.
- An automated confirmation email will be sent to you after your appointment has been submitted.
- Visit schedules are closed at noon the day before and at noon on Friday for weekend and Monday visits.
- If you are unable to use this scheduling tool, visits can be scheduled by calling (814) 317-1231 for Garvey Manor visits or (814) 317-1285 for Our Lady of the Alleghenies visits. Our staff will respond to messages in the order in which they are received.
- We still are required to monitor capacity within the building to ensure social distancing protocols are maintained.
- Visits times are available to allow our residents to participate in Mass, activities, and meals.
- Visits can only occur in areas that are considered green zones (meaning there have been no positive cases of COVID-19 in any resident or employee in that area) and with residents who are not in a quarantine status.
- Visits may be altered or suspended should an outbreak of COVID-19 occur in the facility. An outbreak exists when a new case of COVID-19 among residents or staff is identified.
If you need to change or cancel the visit for which you signed up:
- In the confirmation e-mail towards the bottom should be a green button “View Sign Up Sheet.”
- Once you find the visit date you would like to edit, select the box with a pencil.
- Make the applicable edits.
- Select the button at the bottom to update the information.
- Call (814) 317-1231 for Garvey Manor visits or (814) 317-1285 for Our Lady of the Alleghenies visits to make changes.
Before You Visit:
- All visitors must enter and exit through the main entrance of the facility in which the resident lives.
- Garvey Manor’s main entrance for a resident in the nursing home OR
- Our Lady of the Alleghenies Residence entrance for a resident in the personal care residence.
- All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure risks before proceeding through the building to your visit. Visitors who are identified as high risk will not be permitted to visit in person and will either have their visit converted to a virtual or window visit if available or will be given instructions on how to schedule a virtual or window visit on a future date.
- An electronic kiosk will be used for visitor screening. Please allow time before your scheduled visit to complete this process.
Do NOT visit if . . .
- You or anyone in your household is feeling ill, has a fever, is showing any signs or symptoms of illness, or is awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- You have been exposed to a person with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 within the 14 days prior to your visit (regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status).
- A resident may have one visit per day, if available, for a time period of up to 60 minutes.
- Visitors will be required to complete an electronic screening process to sign in prior to the visit and will be required to sign out after the visit.
- Ordinarily, two visitors are permitted per resident. Children are included in the visitor count, must be accompanied/supervised by an adult, and must mask if over 2 years old.
- Pets are permitted as long as they are leashed and compliant with our pet policy.
- Outdoor visitation is preferred when weather permits.
- Indoor visits may occur ONLY in designated neutral visitation spaces or in resident rooms, not in common areas (family rooms, hallways, dining rooms, etc.).
INFECTION CONTROL GUIDELINES
(Must be followed for visits to occur)
Screening: All visitors must be screened upon entry for signs/symptoms of illness and risk of exposure, regardless of vaccination status.
Hand Hygiene: All visitors must use hand sanitizer before entering the facility, before entering an elevator, before entering a resident’s room or the designated visitation space, before and after touching a resident.
Face Covering: All visitors must mask before entering the facility (covering nose and mouth) and remain masked through the building. Masks may be removed in the resident’s room IF both the resident AND the visitor(s) are fully vaccinated. Otherwise, visitors must mask in the room too.
Social Distancing: Maintain a 6-foot distance between resident and visitor for the majority of visits.
Fully vaccinated residents and fully vaccinated visitors can visit in the resident’s room without masking or being limited to brief touch.
Going to/from visit
- Visitors will be given instructions on the direct route to and from their loved one’s visitation area. Please only proceed along that route and do not stop to talk to other residents, visitors, or employees along the way.
- Masks must be worn at all times when outside of the resident’s room.
- If you wish to visit outside, please mask and take a direct route to the outdoor location. Please maintain social distancing if others are visiting in that area.