Sign Up Instructions:
- Select the unit that includes the room number of your loved one.
- You will be directed to the “Time to Sign Up” website which will show available dates and times.
- Select your desired date and time slot, click on the gray box that appears, and complete the registration information.
- An automated confirmation email will be sent to you after your appointment has been submitted.
- If you are planning on bringing a pet please schedule by phone.
- You are committing to the exact date and time selected. We are required to monitor capacity within the building to ensure social distancing protocols are maintained.
- Visits times are available to allow our residents to participate in Mass, activities, and congregate meals as well as when staff/volunteers are able to assist in screening visitors and disinfecting visitation and high touch areas.
- Visits can only occur in areas that are considered green zones (meaning there have been no positive cases of COVID-19 in any resident or employee in that area).
- Visits may be altered or suspended should an outbreak of COVID-19 occur in the facility. An outbreak exists when a new case of COVID-19 among residents or staff is identified.
Before You Visit:
- All visitors must enter and exit through the main entrance of the facility in which the resident lives.
- Garvey Manor’s main entrance for a resident in the nursing home OR
- Our Lady of the Alleghenies Residence entrance for a resident in the personal care residence.
- All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure risks before proceeding through the building to your visit. Visitors who are identified as high risk will not be permitted to visit in person and will either have their visit converted to a virtual or window visit if available or will be given instructions on how to schedule a virtual or window visit on a future date.
- An electronic kiosk will be used for visitor screening. Please allow time before your scheduled visit to complete this process.
Do NOT visit if . . .
- You or anyone in your household is feeling ill, has a fever, is showing any signs or symptoms of illness, or is awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- You have been exposed to a person with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 within the 14 days prior to your visit (regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status).
- Visitors will be required to complete an electronic screening process to sign in prior to the visit and will be required to sign out after the visit.
- Ordinarily, two visitors are permitted per resident. Children are included in the visitor count, must be accompanied/supervised by an adult, and must mask if over 2 years old.
- Pets are permitted as long as they are leashed and compliant with our pet policy. If you are planning on bringing a pet please schedule by phone.
- Delivery of items to a resident must be done through the white canopy drop-off area. Please do not bring items directly to the resident.
- Please do not eat together or participate in any activity that would require you to remove your mask.
- Outdoor visitation is preferred when weather permits. We will set up outdoor visitation areas when the weather gets warmer.
- Indoor visits may occur in designated neutral visitation spaces or in resident rooms.
Infection Control Guidelines (must be followed for visits to occur):
All visitors must be screened upon entry for signs/symptoms of illness and risk of exposure, regardless of vaccination status.
All visitors must use hand sanitizer before entering the facility, before entering an elevator, before entering a resident’s room or the designated visitation space, before and after touching a resident.
All visitors must remain masked at all times (covering nose and mouth). Residents must remain masked as much as possible.
Maintain a 6-foot distance between resident and visitor for the majority of visit.
If a resident is fully vaccinated, the resident, while masked, can choose to have close contact (including touch) with their visitor. Visitors may have brief moments for a hug or to hold a hand. Hand hygiene must be performed by both parties before and after touching.
Going to/from visit
Visitors will be given instructions on the direct route to and from their loved one’s visitation area. Please only proceed along that route and do not stop to talk to other residents, visitors, or employees along the way.